Phil Taylor Reveals How FinCon Became A 6-Figure Business!
About PTMoney aka Phil Taylor
Phil started blogging over at PT Money about 9 years ago. One day he decided to throw a conference for the personal finance niche. This conference now has hundreds of attendees every single year in a different city and is one of the best parties of the year. Phil is now full-time with FinCon.
Thanks to Phil, personal finance bloggers have had a chance to visit cities like New Orleans, Charlotte, and Denver to name a few as a business expense. Phil shares exactly how he’s able to throw the best party in town. If you’ve ever wanted to throw a party, you need to listen to this episode.
Where can you find Phil?
Join #HustleNation & Get Access To Our Success Kit!
What's the Success Kit? It's a collection of our best-selling guides and templates that teach you how to attract more leads, increase sales, create viral content & get in the best shape of your life!
No Spam! Your loyalty is important to us, and you can unsubscribe at anytime.
Episode guide & show notes:
- 00:00 – 2:02. Martin introduces Phil to the audience with an epic introduction.
- 2:03 – 3:40. Phil tells us what Fincon is all about and why you need to attend.
- 3:41 – 5:46. Phil breaks down how he has able to throw the first ever conference in his niche. He reveals that he wanted to his dream event. In order to do this, Phil had to reach out to the heavy hitters in the field.
- 5:47 – 7:15. Phil tells us how his event has the best retention rate possible. Phil tells us about the sense of community and how everyone works together.
- 7:16 – 9:20. Find out what Phil did when he received confirmation that one of the original personal finance bloggers would be showing up. Phil even reveals how much money attendees typically spend.
- 9:21 – 11:00. We ask Phil how he builds his dream team as FinCon grows.
- 11:01 – 13:00. Phil goes into detail about how he finds guest/speakers. He shares the social media strategy that has worked for him (stalking on Twitter).
- 13:01 – 15:23. Phil talks about the logistics of throwing that first party. The process is pretty fascinating. Phil ends up finding the best hotels around the country.
- 15:24 – 18:45. The conversation turns towards finding sponsors for your event. Phil shares tips that could help you land sponsorship for your next party. How do you find your value? Phil drops some solid wisdom.
- 18:46 – 20:37. How does one approach a conference for the first time on a social level? How do you stick out? Find out.
- 20:38 – 24:11. What sticks out for Phil from past attendees? You might be surprised by the kinds of things that Phil has been bribed with. The guys talk about what not to do at a conference or any party.
- 24:12 – 25:16. Martin mentions that he has his speedo ready for FinCon. Phil offers a discount for our listeners.
- 25:17 – 29:16. A little bonus content where Phil talks about how to actually monetize conferences and events so that they become profitable – unlike most which are money sucking black holes.
Remember, Phil is offering $50 off FinCon registration to listeners of DYEH podcast. Just email him, firstname.lastname@example.org and mention this episode!