Eric Rosenberg Reveals His Secrets To Becoming A Highly Paid Freelance Writer
In this day and age, our attention spans are getting shorter and shorter.
It’s at a point now where we’re no more attentive than a mere gold fish.
And so armed with this knowledge, short videos are what every “expert” seems to be recommending as the content vehicle of choice. They say the written word is dying and that no one reads anymore.
Well, our latest guest Eric Rosenberg begs to differ!
He’s a freelance writer who makes a solid 6 figures a year and was happy to not only share his best tips and tricks on how new writers can get paid, but also was willing to share his income report and a complete breakdown of his revenue model.
Trust us, nothing was left on the table. Eric was as transparent as they get.
So hit that play button above, and get ready to take some notes! Oh and by the way, don’t forget to throw in your email below, and join the #HustleNation so you know when new episodes are released.
Guest information & Links
Join #HustleNation & Get Access To Our Success Kit!What's the Success Kit? It's a collection of our best-selling guides and templates that teach you how to attract more leads, increase sales, create viral content & get in the best shape of your life!
No Spam! Your loyalty is important to us, and you can unsubscribe at anytime.
Show Notes & Episode Guide
- 1:00 – Eric’s back story and how he became a full time freelancer
- 5:00 – Why Eric quit his job even though he’s a new father and what happened when he chose to become his own boss
- 5:50 – Eric is a total open book. He releases his income reports online and give us a breakdown of how much he made one month (including all expenses)
- 6:30 – Why Eric decided to make his business an S-Corp instead of an LLC.
- 7:45 – Sahil jumps into Eric’s other numbers like traffic and email and we find out why Google isn’t exactly happy with him
- 11:30 – Eric’s one BIG tip on how to scale your business or income quickly.
- 12:40 – Find out why Eric no longer does website development (fun side-note: Martin hired him to do his own website, Studenomics).
- 13:00 – The 3 MAIN businesses that Eric focuses on and his income breakdown
- 15:30 – Sahil asks Eric what new writers need to do so they can break out of the noise and start getting new clients
- 17:30 – Eric talks about how to turn relationships into money
- 18:20 – We ask Eric the type of content writers SHOULD be writing about and revealing to the World. Hint: don’t talk about your feelings and even about “you”. Not as important as you think.
- 20:00 – Eric talks about all the tools he uses for his own business (Note: he forgot to mention Google Keep, which he told us about after the interview. It’s a fantastic, no-frills note taking tool)
- 23:10 – Martin asks Eric what new writers should be charging for their content. Obviously, seasoned pros can command a higher price, so if you’re new, you should definitely pay attention to Eric’s advice.
- 26:00 – Sahil asks Eric if he would consider doing any type of FREE work and the pros and cons of such an approach.
- 27:00 – Eric shows us how to get basically get PAID to learn how to freelance. While leveraging free work is great, it’s much better to learn on someone else’s dime while building up your resume and expertise. This is genius!
- 29:20 – Eric has a private profitability group, and he’s opening it up to everyone from the #HustleNation. So be sure to reach out to him, and let him know you listened to this podcast!