How to start a new business without coming across as a sleazebag!
Ever have a friend come up to you with a “brand new business opportunity” only to find out that it’s all just a pyramid scheme?
Or how about a friend that is now a life coach?
While there’s nothing wrong with wanting to reinvent yourself and start afresh, there’s definitely a wrong way and a right way to go about it.
In this episode, we’ll show you how to REALLY start a new business or career without having people think you’re about to scam them of their hard-earned money!
Join #HustleNation & Get Access To Our Success Kit!
What's the Success Kit? It's a collection of our best-selling guides and templates that teach you how to attract more leads, increase sales, create viral content & get in the best shape of your life!
No Spam! Your loyalty is important to us, and you can unsubscribe at anytime.
- 1:00 – Stop trying to sell to your friends. Most “business in a box” opportunities will force you into selling to your closes friends and family members for one reason – they want to exploit the fact those people trust you so THEY can line their pockets with cash. Never abuse the trust of your friends & family. If you want your friends to join you on your journey, there’s a wrong way and a right way to go about it. We’ll show you how.
- 4:58 – Provide a real service or value. Might seem obvious, but too many people are getting into a business where there’s no real value being added to the marketplace. A business that relies on recruiting other people and having them pay an “entry fee” is not a business. It’s a ponzi scheme.
- 6:39 – Don’t force others to care about your new hustle. If you believe in your idea to the core, then that’s all you need. If your business really is good and great, other people will eventually come around to see it that way. Until they do, it’s YOUR job to continue the hustle without forcing your friends and family to care and support you.
- 8: 27 – Don’t give unsolicited advice. Want to know the easiest way to push people away from you? Start telling everyone what they should be doing, all the time. Listen, if someone wants your advice, they’ll ask for it. And if your heart is in the right place and you want to offer advice or save someone from falling flat on their face, there’s a proper way to approach the situation (see below)
- 10:12 – How to give advice without coming across as an annoying thorn in people’s sides.
- 11:16 – Don’t make your problems other people’s problems. If someone is nice enough to offer you some help, this doesn’t mean they’ve automatically become your go-to source for all help for free. Hire a professional if you really need help or go learn to do it yourself. Don’t make anyone regret a favor they’ve done for you.
- 13:00 – Your best marketing will always be your results. A DYEH reader once emailed Sahil and tried to call him out. Here on this podcast we give business advice… and he wondered if Sahil could actually sell anything or has made any money. Well, he posted his recent month’s income on Instagram. Real proof, real results. (see below)